02 December 2005

Half way around the world and back again

Sorry about the lack of updates lately - the last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic, between trying to make progress on my thesis (its essentially finished, though I won't defend until March), preparing a poster for the American Geophysical Union conference which is next week, and putting the finishing touches on the paper that is nearly accepted into the Journal of Geophysical Research. And then, of course, there is skiing, hockey, and playing hand drums and steel drums!

Over the next 7 weeks I'll be gone from Fairbanks, but I'll try to keep posting as I go, and hopefully put some more thought into the posts than I have recently (sorry). At the very least I'll put up some photos of my Fairbanks - San Francisco - Minneapolis - Helsinki - Mannheim - Helsinki - Fairbanks trip. I'm looking forward to this much needed break, though I do feel a little guilty taking such a long vacation. Once I'm back I'll start preparing for field work next summer in western Greenland!

No comments: