11 April 2006

Field prep

Sorry about the lack of updates lately - it's been a hectic couple of months and I don't think it will get much better anytime soon. Most people would probably take a break after defending their thesis, but not me. I'm busy running in circles trying to get equipment ready for field work. We have to have almost everything sent and on its way through Greenlandic customs (I guess Danish customs, technically) within the next couple of weeks... In retrospect I should've started preparing things sooner, but, well, too late. What this means is that I don't get to enjoy the balmy spring weather as much as I'd like, but I'll get my share of "outdoor time" later in the summer. And anyway, getting field equipment organized is a nice change from sitting in front of my computer, but then again, it is really stressful. There is a lot of time, money, resources, and work going into this field campaign and it'd be a shame to have some major problems just because we forgot to bring along the right size wrench. Plus my Ph.D. will depend largely on how things go over the next few months, so I've got a lot at stake too.

Maybe in my next few posts I'll spend some time discussing my project and field site - I don't have much else on the brain at the moment. Oh, but I did promise to talk more about carbon dioxide and global warming. Hmmm..

4 comments:

elvira said...

hey so thanks for putting me as a link on your blog! now i've got you on mine - ha! so we are wondering what the significance of 897 is. do tell.

jason a said...

897? what are you talking about??

elvira said...

well on your page, near the top in two different locations... the number 897 appears. thought it might have some significance. guess not!

jason a said...

quite strange, i'd never noticed that before. i managed to find and remove one of the 897s. no significance that i know of, sorry. maybe i was the 897th person to use this template?