19 January 2007

New Year's Eve

Inari and I greeted the new year with three friends, seven dogs, some spiced wine, and firecrackers at a cabin in the Chena Recreation Area about 40 miles from town. It was my first time skiing this winter due to my trip to New Zealand and a general lack of snow in Alaska. It must've been a good time because for once I wasn't preoccupied with the thought that yet another year was slipping by. The dogs were also a lot of fun, running laps around the cabin, jumping, playing. Made me want to get one of my own. Maybe someday, when we have a better idea of where we'll be living in the longterm. I'd hate to get a husky and then end up living in a city. I don't think I could part with the dog, but it also wouldn't be fair to the dog.


Here's the New Year's group, from left to right: myself, Siren, Inari, Mica, Sandy, Safira, Tico, Anja, Bailey, Eamon, Elvis, and Scout.


The mulled wine, a German tradition. You pour wine into a pot, put a sugar cone over the top, pour rum over it, light it on fire, and add more rum.

No comments: