23 July 2007

My 15 minutes

I've just received word that one of my glacier calving videos (see 19 June 2007) will be airing on the Lerher News Hour on PBS this week as part of a larger (~10 min) story on Jakobshavns Isbrae. I don't know much more at this point, but check back to find out when it will be showing. As I don't have a t.v., I would really appreciate it if somebody would be willing to tape it for me - especially if you have the means to do it digitally. I assume that the story will also be posted online at some point (http://www.pbs.org/newshour).

Update: The clip was aired on 1 August 2007, and can be found online.

3 comments:

jason a said...

I just received word that the piece will probably be airing tonight about 20 minutes into the show. It might get bumped back if there is some late-breaking news.

jason a said...

Now I learned that we got bumped from tonight's show. Stay tuned...

jason a said...

The Lerher News Hour webpage now cites that the clip will be airing tonight. Sounds pretty official to me.