21 September 2007

Best of Greenland, 1 of 3

One of the galleries in Fairbanks has an annual juried exhibition titled "64th Parallel", which is only open to residents of Fairbanks and vicinity. This year's them is IPY - International Polar Year - so I thought it might be appropriate to submit some of my photos from Greenland. I'm planning to submit three, assuming that the frames that I ordered arrive on time.

Here is the first one - a little cliché, perhaps, but I like it anyway.


I really like that the Greenlanders still use the more traditional qajaqs (spelled differently in Greenland than in Alaska). Hunting is done primarily from boats (and with dog sleds in winter). These qajaqs seem to be used primarily for recreation.

P.S. Eemeli, thanks for encouraging me to get a circular polarizer. It really can make a boring sky look nice, as in this photo.

No comments: