04 January 2009

San Francisco

This December I went to San Francisco for the American Geophysical Union geek fest - 15,000 scientists from around the world talking about science for five straight days. I still can't decide if I like the conference. On the one hand, it's exciting to be in such an international community. On the other hand, when I read through the program I find that many of the talks and posters sound really boring. And by corollary, this must mean that the reverse is also true: that most people who read my abstract must think that my work is really boring.

Inari came down to San Francisco near the end of the week to rescue me from the conference. We spent a few days exploring the city, seeing museums, visiting Alcatraz, and eating really good food. We had to get out of there to avoid going broke.

View of downtown from the Nob Hill area:


Some random shots from Alcatraz:


This last one is for you, Anu:

No comments: