04 November 2008

my electoral college is stronger than yours

Yei, life without robocalls telling us whom to vote for. Alaska, with its measly three electoral votes, is not a battle-ground state by any means, but we were still receiving a number of calls each day from the local politicians. I do wonder what is the objective of calling the same people four times within the 24 hours and telling them to vote (in our case they can only tell Jason to go). The callers always seem so confused too when I tell them that I cannot vote, thank-you-very-much-for-the-urging. Interesting tidbit though: the democratic calls have outnumbered the republicans 5:1 or so.

Edit: I spoke too soon. We still got a call at 7.20 PM (only 40 minutes before the polls closed) making sure that Jason voted. They must have learned and stopped asking about me.

No comments: